Updated: Nov 13, 2018
I like to teach the sight words BIG and LITTLE together because there are so many books and other resources that combine the two. Children also love to learn about things that are big and compare them to little, tiny things.
2. "Big and Little Hippo" by Valeri Gorbachev
3. "BIG and Little" by Samantha Berger (Scholastic)
4. "Lulu the BIG little Chick" by Paulette Gogan
6. "BIG & LITTLE" by Steve Jenkins
7. "Little BIG" by Jonathan Bently
8. "Big Dog and Little Dog" by Dav Pilkey
10. "Dream Big Little One" by Vashti Harrison
11. "Big Wolf & Little Wolf" by Brian Pickings
12. "Big Bob Little Bob" by James Howe
13. "The Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry and THE BIG HUNGRY BEAR" by Don and Audrey Wood
14. "Little Monster at School" by Mercer Meyer
SONGS, NURSERY RHYMES & FAIRY TALES;
16. "This Little Piggy"
17. "Little Red Hen"
18. "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star"
ACTIVITY; Have class fold an 11x18 white paper in half and label one side with the word BIG and the other with the word LITTLE. Have them draw big things on one side and little things on the other.
A LITTLE SEED
A little seed for me to sow
A little seed to make it grow
A little hole, a little pat,
A little wish, and that is that,
A little sun, a little shower.
A little while--
A then, a flower!
POCKET CHART POEM DESIGNED BY SARAH GRIFFIN
I taught first grade for
25 years and love to
design and share
lesson plans and ideas!